Sunday 6 October 2019

Vegan Food in SG

Right continuing on the Singapore trip last weekend, I'm gonna share with you some of the awesome vegan food that I ate while I was in Singapore! Had a wonderful weekend eating so many good vegan food in SG haha. I wish I have more time to explore and eat more vegan food in  Singapore. One day hopefully. I think I should dedicate a trip just to eat the vegan food I've been seeing on Instagram haha.

Impossible Gyoza!

Lets begin with this amazing Impossible Gyoza from Empress @ Asian Civilisation Museum! I've been wanting to eat Gyoza/Wonton/dumplings for a long long time and I'm glad I managed to eat this. This is ridiculously good. I love the flavour and the texture of the "meat" made out of the Impossible Patty. Candy ordered the Omnipork and cabbage dumpling too but I forgot to take a photo of it heh.

Heng Hua Rice Vermicelli (right)

Next we also have this rice vermicelli with Omnipork and deep fried beancurd! The rice vermicelli is okay. A bit "disappointed" with the omnipork. I was expecting it to taste kind of like pork haha but it has a very familiar mock-meat aftertaste (unlike the Impossible). But the broth of the vermicelli and the deep fried beancurd is so so rich and flavourful. Love the dish! Great for sharing.

The Matcha cake! 

Kai and Candy ordered this sticky date pudding (I hope it's vegan, I think it is HAHA) and it is the best sticky date pudding I've ever eaten! It comes with a butterscotch ice cream but I didn't have it. I ordered the matcha cake with coconut ice cream and it's very lovely too. The stick date pudding tops it all though. Really flavourful, rich, decadent and just robust. Please give it a try folks!

The Impossible Patty Melt (not vegan tho)

The next day for brunch with Jolene and Tacy at Parkbench Deli, I ordered the Impossible Patty Melt! I just realised that it's not vegan cause of the cheese. so I opted the cheese out. But then I found out they have a sauce inside which I'm pretty sure it's not vegan but oh well, I still eat it anyway haha. Will do better research next time. But the patty is really good! Love how comforting the whole melt is. Even Jolene and Tacy says it tastes like meat mwahaha. Had some kombucha to go with it too.

Look at the size of this dosa! Briyani on top

For lunch with Nivedha and Saeyeoh, we went to Anjappar which is actually an international restaurant chain with branches in different countries! I ordered the vegetable briyani and an onion dosa, which turned out to be the biggest dosa I've ever eaten in my life haha. I love the chutneys that compliment the dosa, and the briyani is pretty flavourful too! I always miss Indian food and I always try to eat them whenever I'm in Singapore. My wish is granted in this trip weeee.

Hands down the best vegan Ice cream I've ever tasted

For my last day I went to try Kind Kones which is recommended by Neal. And well, hands down the best vegan ice cream I've ever eaten!! I seriously wish I have more space in my stomach (and money HAHA) to try all the different flavours. I tried the pandan gula melaka and double chocolate and they are so so good. The chocolate one don't even taste like it's a vegan ice cream! They used coconut milk as their base but the flavour works really well! Anyway it's so good that I had another scoop of their D24 durian flavour haha. Had it on a cone to go as I was making my way back to City Hall.

Truffle Orh-Luak

Last but not least for dinner with Syaz, Reb and Yingzhi, we went to Flavours by Saute in Funan. It is a vegetarian/vegan restaurant that sells the veg version of many Singapore favourites! I ordered their truffle orh-luak (oyster omelette). It is really good! Though I feel that the truffle flavour is kinda "on and off", some pieces have them but some pieces don't. It does give me the same whole-ness feeling of eating orh-luak though so I think they did a really great job. Also we tried a vegan otah which tastes like otah but has a different texture. And the lion's mane mushroom with truffle mayo is lovely too! :)

And yup that's all for the awesome vegan food that I ate in my lovely weekend in Singapore! I look forward to eating and trying more vegan food when I'm back in SG :) Please give these a try folks!

No comments: