Wednesday 23 October 2019

The Hunter

I'd love to believe that we're not alone here

I saw the news of the Orionids meteor shower last night and decided to try my luck to capture it on my camera. But I think the moon was too bright so I didn't manage to capture it on my camera. But I did shoot the beautiful Orion constellation. So yes, I managed to capture the hunter #punintended

The hunter

That's the photo of the constellation! I think it's so beautiful. Orion is the first constellation that I "taught" myself to see, back then when I was participating in the Young Scientist challenge thingy in primary school haha. I took part the astronomy challenge and borrowed lots of books from the library about space and astronomy. That's when I read about Orion and how to see it in the sky.

Here in my hometown we're pretty blessed to have starry skies when it's clear at night. So I back then I taught myself to spot Orion. Thanks to his belt which is pretty easy to spot in the sky. Although sadly I do realise that as the years go by, the sky gets less and less clearer. Perhaps due to the fact that we have an increased light pollution. I mean back then we didn't have as much lighted signboards as now heh. And of course as a country progresses, the night lights increases too right.

Anyway I've always been fascinated with space. Because I'd love to believe that... We are not alone in this universe. And how spacious and big, and unexplored the space is makes me believe that we're definitely not alone! Haha. And the thought that we may be alone saddens me heh.

Just like what Arthur Clarke says:

"There are two possibilities. Either we are alone in this universe, or we are not. 
Both are equally terrifying"

But I think being not alone in this universe is not terrifying tho! :P

No comments: