Saturday 5 October 2019

Of Wedding and Weekend

Congratulations to the newly wed!

I went for Jes' wedding a week ago on Saturday the 28th of September! I seriously can't believe that I'm actually attending a wedding of one of my best friends whom I've known for 13 years. It feels weird... But of course I'm happy for the new couple! Just that I realised how fast time is flying!

Anyway yes I headed down to the Genting Hotel Jurong after I met Nivedha and Saeyeoh. I walked from Westgate and was just trying to find my way to the hotel. Jurong changed so much really haha. I was just following the hotel by looking at it and heading towards its direction heh. It is located behind JE library so I kinda know the place. It was rather a sentimental walk to go there really!

Met Ade again! Can't believe we're attending Jes' wedding haha

Met Adeline first as she was in the hotel's lobby with the other bridesmaids. I thought that there were things to be done but apparently everything is done! Haha. Was just hanging around the lobby with them. I thought I had to wait till the banquet to see Jes but she went to the lobby too! Joined her for the tea ceremony session near the ballroom and then we took some photos together.

Then I helped out at the front desk thingy with Ade and Klaus (is that the correct name haha). Okay lah Ade and Klaus were the one doing the greetings, my job was just to point out the guest tables and where to put the red packet hahaha. And then Brenda came and I joined her to the ballroom to chope some good seats! Mengfung came and shortly after that the banquet started :D

Table 16

Was seated with the other Tanglin folks like Carmen, Jaslyn and the rest. Man we are all adults now!! So scary haha, it felt like yesterday when were still in uniform. Anyway food after food, drinks after drinks and photos after photos, the banquet was an enjoyable one! Food looks really damn good even though I can't eat em haha. Thank you so much Jeslyn for helping me order veg food from the hotel!

Missing Neal and Weiqi!

Anyway yeah it was a great night to be reunited with the Tanglin folks again. As mentioned above, it really felt... Weird to experience all of these. It feels like yesterday when we are all still in grey pants and checkered skirt. And here we are attending Jeslyn's wedding together. It's so... Fuzzy really. That night really made me miss our secondary school days! I think life was simpler back then heh.

13 years since I know this lady, and now she's married!

To Jeslyn, I just want to congratulate you and Leon for your wedding! And I wish both of you a blessed and blissful marriage. May you both love each other more every day :D You're one of the few people who still kept in contact with me all of these years, since we went to different poly, and even since I went back for good. And I will forever be grateful for that. Thank you for all the spontaneous dinner and supper and outings that we did when I was still in SG! Please keep in touch alright.

Okay that'a all for this special night back in Singapore! I will blog about the awesome vegan food that I ate in Singapore haha. Once again congratulations to Mr and Mrs Foo! <3

No comments: