Thursday 24 October 2019

Welcome Back!



Coldplay is back y'all! After lots of teasers and posters and many more, they're back with 2 new songs titled Orphans and Arabesque. I was listening to their premiere on BBC Radio 1 and wow it was amazing! Okay I know it's past midnight by the time they aired but let me just pretend I live in London and I'm listening to it on Thursday still hahaha. Well, just glad they're back! It's been 4 years since their last album, and 2 since their Kaleidoscope EP. 

I think Orphans is a wonderful song with MX/AHFOD vibes to it. It's such an uplifting song but hmm the lyrics are truly heartbreaking man. It's about bombs in Syria and it's just really sad when you read through the lyrics. But I hope it is able to shine light into people's heart and let the tree of compassion sprout out of them, or let them grow taller and taller.

Arabesque is just wow! It's just some fresh and new sounds from them and I'm digging it. Stromae and Femi Kuti is inside too which is really cool as well. I can't imagine how it'll sound live.

Provided I get the chance to see them again...

Anyway their new album "Everyday Life" is coming next month on the 22nd and I can't wait to listen to the rest of the songs. Listening to Chris' interview with Annie Mac just now, the album revolves a lot about the events happening around the world. How Chris said it: "every day is great and every day is terrible. There is so much life bursting out on the planet". Sounds beautiful to me.

I find it really cool and funny how every time Coldplay releases new materials, I will always get excited! It's kind of like me going back to 7-11 years ago when they released Viva La Vida and Mylo Xyloto. Back when I was still a student in Singapore. How exciting it is to listen to new music from them, and then buying the albums at HMV haha. Whew, they've been with me for almost 15 years now!

Alright that's all for this short post welcoming Coldplay back haha. Can't wait for Everyday Life! :)

Welcome back gentlemen!

No comments: