Friday 4 October 2019

September in Singapore

Hello! It's been exactly a week since I returned from my trip to Singapore. I went to Singapore to attend Jeslyn's wedding last Saturday and it was a great trip! Managed to reunite with a few people that I haven't met in a long long time. More of that coming up here. Anyway I will blog about Jes' wedding on another post, so this is just the meetups that happened in that weekend :P

Also I will be talking about the food on another separate post. Cause I had great food mwahaha.

So I arrived in Singapore on Friday at 1 PM again. I seriously love flying with Scoot now. Cause I think it has a sweet timing for the flights to and from Singapore haha. My flight was at 9:45 AM and by arriving at 1 it would mean I get to check in the hotel straight away when I arrive at the hotel whoop! Reached the hotel at 2-ish I think and rested for a while before heading out to... That's another post HAHAHA. And then I met Kai and Candy for dinner at Empress, which is at Asian Civilisation Museum.

Thanks for the dinner Kai and Candy! And thanks for feeling old together haha

It's great to meet Kai again! Haven't met her since April last year where we met for Nic's wedding. And it's always a good time meeting with them. Talking about jobs, and all things random. Can't believe next year will mark the 10th year that we know each other. And meeting with them is always a great time. They're one of the few people I can openly talk about things. So thank you for the dinner Kai and Candy! And thank you for feeling old together haha. I hope to catch you soon again!

I went back to the hotel after that to crash cause I was really tired.

Us at Parkbench Deli :D

The next morning I met up with Tacy and Jolene for brunch! Great to see Jolene again too, I last met her on April 2018 too when I went for Nic's wedding. Sharon and Weilun couldn't make it as they have work, catch you both again when I'm back ok! :) Went to meet at Parkbench Deli at Tanjong Pagar and it's really a nice quaint cafe. And we also had some Acai at another cafe nearby. 

It's a pretty cool afternoon walking along Tanjong Pagar, I don't know when was the last time that I went there. Anyway it's nice meeting Jolene and Tacy again! We always talk about so many things and it's great to catch up with each other again. Hope the next time we meet, the 4 of us can reunite!

After that I went to shop for things to bring back, and went back to the hotel to do some work (yes, I brought my laptop to this trip haha) and also do some packing up. I kinda failed cause my plan was to wake up earlier on Saturday morning to do work but I ended up waking up late! That's why I decided to do work before I head out again haha. Took the train to Jurong to meet Nivedha and Saeyeoh!

3 of us reunited again! Hello Dr Niv :P 

I'm so happy that I get to finally meet Nivedha again! After 6 long years. Well we did try to make plans to meet up but whenever I'm back (or she's back), either of us won't be in Singapore haha. So yep I'm happy to be able to meet her again. And it's so cool that I get to call her Dr Nivedha now haha. I know you told me not to call you with a Dr but hey just wanna tell you I'm proud to call you a Doctor! I wish you all the very best for your future endeavours :)

The last time Saeyeon, Nivedha and I met was 3 years ago, when the two of them sent me off at the airport when I returned to Singapore in August 2013. Well it has taken us so long and I'm really happy that we finally get to meet again. Pretty crazy to think so many things happened in these 6 years.

After that I went to Genting Hotel Jurong for Jes' wedding! I went earlier to help out Ade and the others but turned out most of the things were done haha. Okay another post for the whole wedding :P

As for my last day it was a pretty chill day for me. Another failed attempt to wake up earlier hahaha. I wanted to actually go to the temple in the morning for the Sunday puja. Also it was new moon day on Sunday! But yep, I woke up late again and decided not to go heh. I went to try Kind Kones instead as recommended by Neal and yes the vegan ice cream is so yummy! Will definitely come back.

Reunion of the Biomedders haha

After doing some last minute shopping I went back to City Hall to meet with Ying Zhi, Rebekah and Syazwani for a late lunch! Finally met Rebekah again after 6 years too haha. And Ying Zhi after 5. Oh gosh I feel really old, has it been that long :O Anyway had an enjoyable lunch at a vegan restaurant in the newly renovated Funan (thanks YZ for the recommendation!).

So yes, it was indeed a wonderful weekend in Singapore filled with reunions and fun! At the same time... I feel really old, with the fact that I'm attending Jes' wedding, when it felt like yesterday when we were still in Tanglin! Well time flies, and no one can stop it from moving forward eh.

I look forward to the next trip to Singapore. Hopefully I can meet with the people that I missed this time round. And as usual, Singapore you're always constantly changing really. Alright see you when I see you again everyone! Thank you for the wonderful (and short) weekend in Singapore! :)

No comments: