Thursday 14 October 2010

Film Photography

Taken with the old camera my mum and I found :P
Photography by Yours Truly
Mcdonalds of my hometown!

Heh believe it or not I'm in my room once more! Even thought I'm not officially staying here yet, I don't know why I liked it here. I like the fact that since my room is a small one, when I play music here, the sound resonates really well hehe. So I'm going to get myself a good speaker for my iPod, then I can play those chillout songs at night... Bliss!

Righty lets get one with today.

Today was a normal day I guess. Except for one thing: Me getting an SLR camera! Oh wow wow! I love it! Haha. Don't worry I didn't get a new camera, that would be quite expensive right. I'm using my uncle's old film SLR! Nice eh. Turned out he liked photography last time too, so my mum was suggesting me to try his camera out, since I'm interested in films.

So today I went to my grandma's house to meet him and he taught me lots of things I suppose. Oh well, a film SLR is so different from a DSLR! So complicated, but yet fun! And film is also a bit "dangerous" cause we won't know how the picture will turn out, and it's all manual. Now I felt the importance of learning manual exposure on my DSLR :/

And it goes the same for photography, as it goes for driving. You know I can only drive automatic cars. Manual is a trouble for me. So I feel it's the same as DSLR photography and film photography. I find it bit hard, the transition between digital and film. It's difficult, but manageable. And as my uncle told me, it's al about the instinct and feeling.

Anyhow, I'm really hooked into film photography! Can't believe I finished a roll today! :D And I'm so happy cause I can finally shoot at night, which I can't, if it was with my lomo. Well duh haha, it's an SLR. And I also took long exposure shot!

Lets just hope the pictures turn out alright :)

Currently I'm blogging while listening to music. I really like this. Peaceful surrounding, music, blogging, which means pouring my thoughts out. Oh well, what else can I ask for? But gosh my dog somehow loves to bark at Thursday's nights. And here... It's a not-so-good night cause it's... ahem ahem. Okay shan't talk while I'm alone in my room. Hee

Alright I guess that's all for today. Sigh, so many things going on in my mind now actually. I just need something to clear them all from myself. I hope music can do that. Here. See ya!

The joy I once felt when I was young. I miss that, badly.

No comments: